UK Recruitment Agencies / Employment Agencies
If you're looking for a job in the UK, then recruitment agencies can form an integral part of your overall job search campaign.
Some sectors have numerous agencies, whilst other sectors don't. Below, you'll find a list of sectors covered by UK recruitment agencies, plus a link to our recommended recruitment agency finder service.
To get the best out of them take a look at our employment agencies article and make sure you send them a great CV, if you want them to take you seriously. If you want to improve your CV, check out our CV services to learn how our CV writing experts can create an impressive CV that will make recruitment agencies take note of you.
Sectors Covered by UK Recruitment Agencies
The UK recruitment market is highly developed and most sectors are represented (either for permanent or temporary jobs or both).
If you're looking for a recruitment agency in the UK, then we recommend that you visit REC's Membership Directory. Recruiters that are members of REC (Recruitment & Employment Confederation) have to comply with REC's code of conduct, which means that they should treat you fairly.
Main Sectors covered by REC:
- Accounting and finance
- Admin, personal assistant and secretarial
- Customer service and call centre
- Government and public sector
- Health and social care
- HR / personnel and training
- Interim Management
- IT (Information Technology)
- Manufacturing / production
- Market research
- Media and PR
- Printing and publishing
- Sales and business development
- Travel and leisure
Other pages you may wish to view:
- Need a better CV? Check out the best CV writing service
- Learn how to write a letter with our cover letter example
- When applying direct to employers, you'll need a speculative cover letter
- Plus perhaps you'd like to see our speculative cover letter example
- If you're an experience writer, then learn how to write a CV yourself
- When you apply for vacancies, see how to start a cover letter
- Find out the best way to identify job vacancies
- Need help with covering letters, then get a professional cover letter