Job Search Advice
This section contains job hunting / job searching advice and guidance, including how to find a job, writing covering letters, where to look for UK job vacancies, and recruitment agencies and job sites.
Do you have time to look for a job? No! Then click here for a service that will send your CV / resume to 1000's of recruiters. This will save you a lot of time and effort and put your CV on the desk of the people that can help you secure a job.
What Job do I want?
First you need to decide what you want to do - there are a some pointers in our Careers Advice section. Do you want to stay in the same field or change career direction? If you need help in reviewing your career plans you can get advice from 'Careers Service Companies' (listed in the phone book under 'Careers Service'). If you graduated from a university in the last three years you can still use their Careers Service or you may be able to use the Careers Service at your nearest university - telephone them to check what they can offer. It is important to have clearly thought through the types of job / career that you are seeking, whether you are looking for admin jobs or senior management jobs or anything in between, because this will help you identify potential employers and target your applications by presenting clearly what you have to offer.
If you need assistance with preparing your CV then please see Bradley CVs professional CV writing service.
Click here for the next page in this section on setting yourself objectives or click on the page you require below.
Search for a job - 300,000 plus job vacancies from the major Job Boards and recruitment agencies. Search for a new position by location and industry sector. Jobs are added and updated daily.
- FREE Reports: How to dramatically improve your CV / resume, salary negotiation tips, job hunting secrets.
- Is your CV letting you down? Click here to learn how a professional CV writing service can dramatically improve your chances of securing an interview
- Looking for a generalist job site in UK?
- IT Jobs Sites in UK
- Specialist job sites in UK ('A' to 'K')
- Specialist job sites in the UK ('L' to 'Z')
- Recruitment agency finder UK
- Do you have time to look for a job? No! Save time by using a CV / resume distribution service to send your CV / resume to 1000's of recruiters.
- Professional CV Writers
- Setting objectives
- What will you need?
- Check list
- Job hunting methods
- 1. Advertised jobs
- 1. Letter writing
- 1. Example ad/letter
- 2. Agencies
- 3. Speculative letters
- 4. Networking
- 4. Starting a network
- 4. Making contact
- 4. Handling meetings
- 4. After meetings
- 4. Other thoughts
- Job hunting companies
- Redundant or Unemployed
- Other ideas
- 100,000+ jobs