Middle or Secondary School Teacher Resume
Advice and samples for Middle School Teacher Resumes and Secondary School Teacher resumes can be found on this page.
Whether you are seeking help with an art teacher resume, ESL teacher resume, English teacher resume, gym teacher resume, math teacher resume, science teacher resume, dance teacher resume, music teacher resume, Spanish teacher resume, French teacher resume, computer teacher resume or any other teacher resume then this page will tell you what to put on your resume.
In addition, further details of example covering letters, sample resumes and advice on writing resumes can be found by using the menu at the top and right-hand side of this page.
When you're writing a CV / resume for a teacher, you need to make sure that it will attract the attention you want. Resume / CV writers will produce a professional resume / CV that will persuade schools that they should interview you for the teaching positions you want to apply for.
What to Include in Middle or Secondary School Teacher Resumes
Middle school teachers and secondary school teachers specialise in a subject area, which may include English, maths, geography, economics, science, biology, chemistry, physics, music, dance, drama, French, Spanish, art, IT, healthcare, auto repair, business, communications or technology.
In addition to points covered in the general teacher resume, middle and secondary school teachers also need to include the following.
Profile for a Middle or Secondary Teacher Resume
- Mention your specialist subject area and the level of qualification you have attained in it.
- Refer to your proven talent in the instruction of students with varied learning styles and levels of subject mastery.
Achievements for a Secondary or Middle School Teacher
- Briefly mention any projects you have devised that demonstrate the active engagement of students in their learning and critical thinking.
- If you have been involved in setting up vocational programs with local employers, or internships, include this work here.
- Mention additional responsibilities you've held, such as job placement or career guidance.
- Include professional development achievements in your academic discipline.
Experience for Middle or Secondary School Teachers
- Include the size of the classes you have taught, especially if the numbers are high.
- Outline your experience instructing students in groups and individually, implementing the curriculum while developing independent thinking skills and creative problem solving.
- Include any responsibilities that demonstrate your understanding of students' needs, such as student tutoring and counselling.
- Emphasise your wide-reaching communication and liaison abilities by including duties that involve collaboration with faculty staff, parents and other professionals in addressing issues, sharing ideas and reporting observations on student progress.
- Highlight your involvement in planning and supervising field trips, class projects and other special events.
Would You Like an Eye-catching Teacher Resume / CV?
- A professional CV / resume will land you more teacher job interviews than a CV / resume you wrote yourself.
- Resume / CV writing services have extensive experience in developing teacher resumes / CVs that will grab the attention of the schools you send it to, ensuring you maximise the number of teacher interviews you receive.
Information / general articles:
- UK / European CV service - improve your CV/resume, get more interviews
- US / Canadian Resume service
- FREE Report: Is your resume letting you down?: How to dramatically improve your resume
- How to make a resume - free tips on improving your resume
- Resume distribution to 1000's of employers - save time by getting employers to contact you
- Cover letters
- Resume examples
- Resume buzzwords or keywords
- Sample resume objectives - what is a resume objective for?
- Resume reason for leaving - should you include reasons for leaving on your resume?
- Explaining gap in resume
- More articles on resume writing
Sector specific articles:
- Sample teacher resumes
- Resume for Information Systems Officer
- Special Event Coordinator Resume
- Aerospace resume
- Free resume outline - outline of a resume
- Resume for a teacher's assistant
- Insurance underwriter resume
- Preschool teacher resume / kindergarten teacher resume
- Elementary Teacher Resume Samples
- Middle or Secondary School Teacher Resume
- Outline to make a Resume - resume outline example
- IT Developer Resume / CV
- Consultant Resume / CV
- Project Manager Resume / CV
- Event Planner Resume
- Teacher Resume Templates