Interview thank you letters - what should you write in your job interview thank you letter?
You should write your job interview thank you letters soon after you have had your interviews. This will make you stand out from everyone else who has been interviewed, because very few people (if any) will actually bother to write a letter to say thank you.
If you have been through our interview coaching, you will have learned how vital it is to be remembered and how important it is to continue to impress your new potential employer at every step of the recruitment process.
In the letter itself you should personally thank the interviewer for meeting you and if possible provide some additional information about yourself, perhaps positioning yourself as an expert that can solve a particular problem that the company needs a solution to.
Sample interview thank you letter (solving an employer's problem)
In this sample interview thank you letter, we remind the interviewer that we faced a similar problem to the one that they are currently facing and offer to provide a solution. This tells the interviewer that you are someone that knows how to get the job done - which should move you to the top of the pile for the second interview or even help you secure a job offer.
Sample job interview thank you letter (implementing new systems)
For this sample interview thank you letter we have focused on the introduction of new systems, which was the major challenge that this employer is facing at the moment. We have told the employer that we are an expert in introducing new systems successfully. This should mean that they are far more interested in having a second interview and then hopefully offering you the job.
- Want to improve your interview success rate? Our Interview Coaching can dramatically improve your chances of securing a job
- FREE Reports: How to dramatically improve your CV, salary negotiation tips, job hunting secrets
- Need to improve your CV? Click here to learn how a professional CV writing service can dramatically improve your chances of securing an interview
- Professional CV Writers
- Psychometric Test - find out the interview questions that will catch you out and how to answer them
- General tips / advice
- Interview questions
- Salary negotiations
- What questions should ask your interviewer?
- Interview thank you letters
- Group interview tests
- Panel interviews
- Body language
- Interview problems