Interview Questions You May Be Asked (Part One)
Before attending an interview you should think about your responses to the following questions. Your answers may depend on the job or company in question, so you should go through your responses just before each interview.
Do you want to improve your interview success rate? Click here to learn how our mock interview and interview techniques services can dramatically improve your chances of securing a job.
Why do you want this job?
Think carefully about this question. Stress the positive aspects which have attracted you to applying for this position. Do not mention the negative aspects of your current job or the job in question.
What qualities do you think will be required for this job?
Their advertisement for the job may help you a little bit, but you should also think of the other qualities that may be required. These may include leadership ability, supervisory skills, communication skills, interpersonal skills, problem solving, analytical skills, etc.
What can you contribute?
This is your chance to shine. Tell them about your achievements in your previous position(s) which are relevant to the new position you are applying for.
Why do you want to work for this company?
Emphasize the positive reasons why you want to join their company, but avoid aspects such as more money or shorter hours. These would not endear you to a prospective employer.
What do you know about this company?
This is your chance to impress the interviewer with your knowledge of their company. Give them a run down of their products/services, sales figures, news, company figures, customers, etc.
What interests you about our product (or service)?
Again, your research into the company should aid you in answering this question.
What can we (the new company) offer that your previous company cannot offer?
Tread carefully here! Again do not mention money. Stress opportunities for personal growth, new challenges, etc.Click here for interview questions part 2.
- FREE Reports: How to dramatically improve your CV, salary negotiation tips, job hunting secrets
- Is your CV letting you down? Click here to learn how a professional CV writing service can dramatically improve your chances of securing an interview
- Do you want to improve your interview success rate? Click here to learn how our interview skills coaching can dramatically improve your chances of securing a job
- Professional CV Writers
- Psychometric Test - find out the interview questions that will catch you out and how to answer them
- General tips/advice
- Interview questions
- Salary negotiations
- What questions should ask your interviewer?
- Interview thank you letters
- Group interview tests
- Panel interviews
- Body language
- Interview problems